7 Reasons to Have Professional Movers Do Your Packing
Are you moving to New York City or one of the boroughs? City moves are quite unique, and if you’ve never made a city move before, you learn before it’s all over that it’s best to take advantage of any and all help that is available.
Here are some reasons to consider the help of professional packing services, like the NYC packers and movers at Serenity Movers for your move.
- Minimize the risk of home damage. Before moving, you certainly don’t want to spill, scratch, or break anything that will cost you money during your landlord or buyer’s final walk through. Professional packers protect floors, walls, and fixtures during the packing process.
- There’s less chance of damaging your possessions. DIY packers often do not correctly protect fragile items. Folks moving are tired, rushed, and often a bit cranky, resulting in packing poorly wrapped items in boxes that are unbalanced or over weighted.
- And if you don’t go with professional packers and one of your possessions is damaged during the move, most movers will not accept liability for items packed yourself.
- Before you decide you can’t afford professional packing, consider the real cost of doing your own packing. Add up all the money you will save on moving supplies such as good quality and correctly sized boxes, packing tape, bubble wrap, etc.
- You’ll save so much time. How long would it take you to do your own packing? Professionals can have it done in two to three days tops. One thing is certain: you’ll have so many other things to do with your time. As a bonus, professionally packed boxes will be much more organized. When you unpack, you’ll save even more time locating items instead of darting from room to room.
- But who says you must unpack yourself? Imagine the pleasure of using an unpacking service as well. Get settled into your new home that much faster, and you can jump right into your new city life!
- If you have a large family or big house, there are extra reasons to use professional packers: extra items to wrap and pack, extra time you’d spend doing it yourself, extra packing supply expenses, and extra aggravation over broken or misplaced items.
What is the common thread across all these suggestions? Reduce stress as much as possible throughout the moving process. Professional movers and packers at Serenity Movers are trained to optimize your moving experience so you can be as stress-free as possible, both before and after moving day. Contact us for information on our moving price guarantee.